Support Education Counseling for Children whose Parents are Addicted to Alcohol and other Drugs
For Confidential Information Call: (510) 236-0399
Addiction to alcohol and other drugs is a progressive, but treatable disease.
The Children’s Recovery and Family Education Program has Family Counseling, Support Groups that offer entry points for family recovery services, and Outreach to Community, Family Support and Education Meetings.
- Support and Education Groups for Children
- Individual Counseling for Children
- Case Management for Families
- In a safe and supportive environment children learn:
- Children are not alone
- Children are not responsible for parental addiction
- Children have a right to all their feelings
- Children have choices
- Self love and self care
- Facts about alcohol and drug addiction
Our Program Just for Kids
The Children’s Recovery and Family Education Program is a primary prevention program with a special focus on children. We strive to promote healthier patterns of behavior in children, parents and families whose lives have been affected by alcohol and drug addiction. The program has two components:
• Kid’s Group is open to children ages 6-16 whose parents have or have had a drug and/or alcohol problem. In age appropriate weekly groups, the children are offered information and activities regarding addiction, feelings, denial, defenses, self-care and self-esteem.
• Parent Education Program includes individual, family and/or group counseling sessions and workshops/classes offered to parents, caregivers, biological, extended and foster families.