Ujima Central Mothers’ Program is an intensive outpatient treatment program, located in Concord California, designed to support the successful recovery of pregnant women and mothers. The program runs Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. – 12 noon, six months in duration.
- Group and individual counseling sessions
- Case management
- Free transportation for those in need
- Free childcare for children under 6
- Random UAs
- Resources for state and local agencies, service providers and community organizations
- Support in reunification of mothers and children that are CFS involved
- No co-pay for CalWORKs approved women
- In-house psychiatric appointments and medication management for eligible CalWORK clients
- Comprehensive assessments
- Individualized Treatment Plans
- After-Care & Discharge Planning
Topics for MATRIX education include substance abuse, cross-addiction, parenting skills, domestic violence, sexuality and STDs including HIV/AIDs, life skills, nutrition, communication skills, over-all health, triggers and relapse, relationship repair and forgiveness, anger management, stress & anxiety management, post-acute withdrawal syndrome, post-traumatic stress disorder, 12-Step and more.
Services are provided for pregnant and parenting women on a nondiscriminatory basis with an equal opportunity for those requesting admission regardless of ability to pay. We do not discriminate because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, handicap, or national origins, providing eligibility requirements are met.
Pre-admission interviews are required. The admission of children is determined on an individual basis for each mother and for each child.